Finger Millet Barfi (Sugar-free)
Table of Contents
1. Ragi Flour / Finger millet flour – 3/4 cup
2. Ghee- 5 tbsp.
3. Roughly chopped Dates – 1/4 cup
4. Dry date powder – 1/4 cup
5. Chopped Badam (Almond), pista and cashew – 1 tbsp each
6. Elaichi (Cardamom) powder – 1 tbsp.
7. Coconut Milk – 6 tbsp.
8. Alsi (Flax seeds) Powder – 1 tbsp.
9. Pipramul (Ganthoda / Peppermaul) Powder – 1 tbsp.
1. Soak roughly chopped dates in coconut milk for 10 minutes and then make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee.
3. As ghee warms up, add ragi flour and roast it on a very low flame, until the flour changes color and become fragrant.
4. Switch off the flame and keep it aside. Now add finely chopped badam, pista, and cashew; add elaichi powder, dry dates powder, flax seed powder, pipramaul powder and mix well.
5. Spread it on the greased plate. Allow it to cool.
6. Grease the knife to cut the desired shape of the barfi.
Ragi Barfi is now ready to serve..!!
Eco Jivan Recipe Contest Winner