- Diabetes Control: It has a low glycemic index and is an excellent substitute for rice or other grains that can increase blood sugar.
- Heart Healthy: Foxtail millet helps to regulate blood pressure, thus reducing the chances of blockage in heart that results in cardiac arrest or stroke. It also helps in reduction of LDL levels in the body.
- Weight Loss: Foxtail contains Tryptophan – an amino acid which gets digested at a slower rate, thus keeping one away from consuming extra calories in their diet.
- Lowering Blood Cholesterol: Foxtail millet contains amino acids (Lecithin and Methionine) which lessen the cholesterol level by driving out the excess fat from the Liver. Foxtail Millet also contains amino acid (Threonine) which hinders the formation of fat in the liver, which makes the cholesterol level of the body sink.
- High in Antioxidant: The abundance of antioxidants, mainly (Tryptophan and amino acids) in Foxtail Millet helps in fighting diseases and building immunity. It works amazingly in relieving curing disorders like insomnia, and migraine.