Ragi and walnut tea cake
Table of Contents
1. 1 Cup finger millet flour(ragi)
2. 1/2 cup oats flour
3. 1/2 cup semolina (optional)
4. 2 tablespoon curd
5. 1/4 cup jaggery(or to taste)
6. 1& ½ tablespoon oil (refine / olive oil / peanut)
7. ½ teaspoon baking powder
8. ½ teaspoon baking soda
9. ½tsp vanilla essence
10. ¼ cup walnuts
11. 1 tablespoon coco powder
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C (for 10 mins atleast)
2. Roast oats and make powder.
3. Seive ragi with oats powder , baking powder and baking soda.
4. In a bowl- Add oil , curd and whisk well.(whisk untill mixed properly). Now, add jaggery and beat again.
5. Now add flour little by little mix by cut and fold method.
6. Add chopped walnuts and vanilla essence.
7. Gently mix.Transfer the mixture to greesed cake mould
8. Tap the mould on working surface to realise the air.
9. Keep it in oven to bake at 180 for 35-40 mins. Check with tooth pick.
10. If done leave it on rack to cool down.
Eco Jivan Recipe Contest Winner